Since I decided to back off obsessing over long term goals/plans, I decided that March will become my month of learning how to take steps in the direction I want to go & live healthy mind & body. I have set my goals for the year, however they will take time and I am learning (slowly) I can’t rush them. So I have decided to set up mini goals for the month. They are basically good habits I would like to form and will also help me get to where I want to be. I also wanted to make myself a do not do list, which will include some of the bad habits I have that cause me stress.
Starting off with my mini goals for March: (not going to lie guys, I’m excited)
· March 1-8, I’m doing a bit of a detox! Incorporating hot lemon water to my mornings, green juices and munching on a butternut squash and sage soup. Also giving up meat and wine during this time and limiting the amount of coffee I consume. After these initial days, being more mindful of what I eat and drink.
· Waking up when my alarm first goes off, no snoozing!
· Putting time aside each day to write
· Work out 4-5 times a week for at least 45 minutes
· Continue putting money into moving savings account
· Create a spa day – time to relax
· Creating a morning and night routine that works for me
Things I would like to avoid doing during March:
· House/Apartment hunting – I am not looking to move until late June so I’m looking at apartments that probably won’t be available then. I need to take a break so my mind is not adding up numbers and stressing about location.
· Job hunting- I’m not looking to move now, so looking up job positions that are available now, is not helpful in the end. It is also making me want to speed up the process and causing stress.
They say it takes 30 days to turn something into a habit, so here it goes!