I love that Sunday night feeling of looking back on the weekend past and thinking: ‘Dang that was a good weekend.’
Although that feeling does make me dread Monday a little more, I truly appreciate a weekend full of everything I love.
This weekend I took full advantage of it. Family, friends, food, football, pumpkins && Chase Rice.
Recipe of the weekend:
Steak and Cheese soup in a Bread Bowl (recipe below)
Steak and Cheese Soup:
- Half of a white onion
- One yellow bell pepper (or any bell pepper)
- 3 cups of Low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans of Campbell’s french onion soups for cooking
- Steak Seasoning (to taste)
- Olive oil
- Half pound to a pound of steak for stewing
- Onion Bread for bread bowl
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
Heat 2 table spoons of olive oil in deep soup pot. Combine chopped onions and peppers, let saute for about 3-5 minutes. Add in steak and steak seasoning. Brown the steak before adding any liquids. Once steak is browned, add french onion soup and the broth. Let the soup simmer for about 10-12 minutes. Let soup cool to serving temperature, add into bread bowls and top with cheese. Serve immediately.